Tuesday, May 16, 2006

3rd Anniversary of "Dancing with the Moon"

Generally speaking, today marks the anniversary of my first book release, "Dancing with the Moon". It also marks the day I became a published author.
It's been three years now and I have sold about 84 copies of my debut novel. Though some of you may not be impressed and some may be wondering why so few copies- the answer is, "cus I am doing all this out of my pockets and shoestring budgets". I am not some millionaire author who can afford to go hopscotching across the globe on whirlwind book tours just yet. What I do is small scale, honest, humble, and simple. I write stories and publish them on my terms and not according to the terms of some big monstrous profit-mongering publishing house. My career as a writer is about doing things MY way and not to some suits and ties behind some desks who care only about exploiting me for my work.

I publish books and provide them for the readers under the highest quality stanadards that can be provided for softcover trade paperbacks. Sure my books may be pricy, but they are the best quality books and the best stories I can provide on my budget. Each book is a reflection of my investment in your enjoyment and each book is a reflection on the strength of my imagination and abillities as a writer. You will not see a corporate stamp on my books or read something cookie-cutter or cliche.

And whatever royalties I recieve (still pennies to the dollar) they go right back into the publishing costs of my next upcoming releases.

If at all curious about my works, have a look at the following sites on the internet:

www.trafford.com/robots/03-0449.html - Dancing with the Moon

www.trafford.com/robots/03-1107.html - Two Past Twilight

www.publishamerica.com - The Audition, and Chasing Shadows

As a writer of horror and vampire fiction who mostly pays out of pocket to produce his own published work, I am not out to become the next Stephen King or Anne Rice- I wouldn't mind having some of what they got- but I am out to make my own name and make my own sucesses in ways which show my readers my integrity and passion. I suppose I could just as easily sell out and sign with Simon and Schuster or Random House or whatever and maybe get this huge following of fans, but then I'd be expected to cater to the ones pulling the strings. In my view, I as writer should be the one pulling and sewing and tugging all the strings- especically the emotional strings of my readers who hopefully seek to be touched and moved by my works.

My books are about emotions and struggles and making you feel terror and fear of different shades. You will find only honest stories with honest emotions. I guarentee you that you will come away from any one of my stories feeling something- even if it is anger. You will never come away from my stories numb and emotionally blank.

Well hopefully you have a look and enjoy what you see. I can promise you my best, but it is up to you I guess to prove me right or wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home