Friday, May 07, 2010

"Dark Returns: Tales of East River" - Update

My latest project, "Dark Returns: Tales of East River" is now up to about 63 pages into the first draft and so far it is looking prettty good. It has a steady build up and those familiar with my "Dragon's Tear Chronicle" and the previous Tales of East River novel, "Chasing Shadows" will not be disappointed! I can say this much; there is definitely some unexpected tiwts right from the get-go.

In my mind as I write this novel, I am drawing from "The Lost Boys" again for inspiration. As classic 80's as that movie was with Corey Haim and Corey Feldman and all, it is definitely because of this movie that we have punk-vampires and contemporary vampires. That whole Twilight thing would not have been possible without "The Lost Boys".

Also, as a side note, I am working on a stand alone novel set in East River entitled "Silent Uproar". This novel will focus on the experiences of a Deaf teenaged girl as she looks for an unknown murderer resposinsible for killing her parents. Her only clues come to her in the form of visions, nightmares, and dreams.

Been reading Stephen King's "On Writing" again for inspiration and fun. With all this free time I have before grad school, been catching up on some much missed reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home