Sunday, October 16, 2005

Chasing Shadows: Tales of East River

My fourth book, "Chasing Shadows: Tales of East River" was released August 29th, 2005. It is to date my largest work at 555 pages. It is also the work I am most proud of and most pleased with so far as story, plot, and character development and attachment is concerned. I also enjoy holding the book in my hand and flipping through the pages... I feel so accomplished seeing it all before my eyes.

I love the fact that I can read each scene on its own and get a fulfilling image or feeling inside of me. Each scene lingers and stays with me.

There is much I could talk about when it comes to this book, but I have no idea where to begin.

I wrote it mainly to set the readers up for "Dancing with the Moon", but to also tell stories about my favorite character, Amy and the town in which she lives in. I had in my mind millions of little scenes, characters, and stories that wanted to pour out of my brain and onto the computer screen... so I leaned back, took a few deep breaths and let it all flood out of me.

I would be sitting at the computer for hours a night typing and thinking and reading and typing until my eyes were bloodshot and hot with pain. And in the end, I would see the book grow from 20 pages to 50 pages to 75-100 pages in less than a month. I was averaging 10-15 pages a night religiously. And it all came out so easily and effortlessly. I was so comfortable in this world I created. I wanted to stay locked in it forever. A part of me still does.

It is an addiction... thank God it is a healthy one eh?

Anyhow, I will speak more of this book later on as more thoughts become organized in my head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home